An adder similar to the one which bit little Jack Middleton
A seven year-old Lincolnshire boy has returned home from hospital following treatment for an adder bite.
Jack Middleton from Billinghay, near Sleaford, was bitten by the snake during a trip to Ostler's Plantation in Woodhall Spa.
His hand swelled to several times its normal size.
He was kept in Lincoln County Hospital under observation and discharged on Saturday. He is doing well, a family member told the Echo.
Adders are Britain's only venomous reptile.
Although their venom poses little danger to a healthy adult human, the bite is very painful and requires urgent medical attention.
For more stories, see Monday's Echo.