UPDATE: Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue have determined the cause of the incident as overheating of cooking oil.
Severe damage has been caused to 40 per cent of the chip shop and smoke has damaged the rest of the property.
No one was injured in the incident.
ORIGINAL: A chip shop takeaway in Lincoln High Street has caught fire this evening, at around 5pm.
Fire services are in attendance at the Golden Fryer chip shop in Lincoln High Street close to South Park.
The severity and cause of the blaze is currently unclear.
Traffic in the area has been disrupted as fire crews are tackling the incident.