Login Register
 °

Lincoln armed siege: man arrested

By EGrover__LE  |  Posted: June 27, 2013

Lincoln armed siege: man arrested

UPDATE - 12.25pm: The cordon on Shannon Avenue has been removed but police investigations in the street are continuing.

The 26-year-old man remains in custody and is helping police with their inquiries.

A 26-year-old man has been arrested following a four-hour armed siege in Shannon Avenue, off Moorland Avenue in Lincoln.

Officers were called at 7.20pm yesterday after a police-installed alarm was activated.

Related content

They were met with a man who was thought to have a handgun.

Neighbours were evacuated from properties close to the Rayment House flat complex, which was surrounded by armed police.

After specialist negotiators were called in, the force confirmed the incident had be brought to a "safe conclusion" by 11.25pm.

Police have yet to confirm rumours that a woman and child were involved in the incident.

However, a statement issued last night said no shots were fired and nobody had been injured, despite reports from members of the public.

Police said today two officers were still on the scene and an area of Shannon Avenue had been cordoned off as investigations continued.

A spokesman said the 26-year-old man had been arrested "in connection with the incident" but gave no further details.

He remains in custody being questioned.

More details to follow - we will bring you the latest updates on the incident via this article throughout today.

Click to see the full gallery from the armed siege


RELATED ARTICLES

Lincoln armed siege: eye witness video

Lincoln armed siege: school reaction

VIDEO: Armed officers surround flat in Lincoln

Read more from Lincolnshire Echo

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES