Login Register
 °

Lincolnshire men accused of making threats to kill cleared of all charges

By Lincolnshire Echo  |  Posted: September 03, 2012

Scales of Justice
Comments (0)

Two men accused of making threats to kill as part of an alleged ongoing feud between rival families have been cleared.

The prosecution offered no evidence against the men John Tom Smith, 38, of Summergangs Lane, Gainsborough, and Frederick Smith, 41, of Thomas Street, Grimsby, when they appeared at Lincoln Crown Court.

Both had denied making threats to kill Elise Price on July 17 last year.

They also denied a similar charge of making threats to kill Gwendoline Newbury on the following day.

The two men also denied causing damage to a property in Victoria Close, Gainsborough, which belonged to Elsie Price.

Prosecutor David Outterside told the court on Tuesday that the decision not to proceed with the charges followed careful consideration by the Crown Prosecution Service and Lincolnshire Police.

"The Crown and the police are well aware of the long-standing feud between these two families," said Mr Outterside.

Read more from Lincolnshire Echo

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES