Login Register

Neighbours pay tribute to Lincoln mum after son is charged with murder

By Lincolnshire Echo  |  Posted: October 18, 2012

Probe: Police investigating an alleged serious assault in St Botolph's Crescent, Lincoln. Picture: Anna Draper

Neighbours have paid tribute to a woman whose son is accused of her murder.

Margaret Lynette Krawcewicz, 72, died at Lincoln County Hospital on Friday, October 12.

It followed an alleged assault at the home she shared with her son Kazik Pasierbek in St Botolph's Crescent.

Pasierbek, 38, is charged with her murder and appeared in court earlier this week.

Related content

A post mortem examination has established the cause of death as head injuries.

Residents of the normally quiet street described about 30 police officers descending after the alleged assault, early on Friday.

Extensive door to door enquires and forensic tests have been carried out.

Neighbours knew Mrs Krawcewicz as a friendly woman with whom they would exchange pleasantries. She suffered from arthritis but last year went to South Africa for several months where she had relatives.

David Kelly, 71, who used to run donkey rides in Skegness, said: "Margaret would always want me to fetch fags and stuff from the shops for her. She was a nice lady."

Shaun Scott, 39, said: "She would always sit and have a chat with you and if you needed help she'd be there for you.

"You just don't think it's going to happen a couple of doors down from you."

Patrick Foster, 19, said: "She was a really nice, pleasant woman.

"She would always say good morning to you if you bumped into her. Her death is very upsetting.

"It will be odd without her being around."

Pasierbek appeared at Lincoln Magistrates' Court on Monday, October 15.

He was remanded in custody and said to the chairman of magistrates as he was taken down: "Thank you, sir".

Pasierbek then appeared at Lincoln Crown Court on Tuesday October 16 and spoke only to confirm his name.

No plea was taken and Judge Michael Heath remanded him in custody to appear back in court on January 4.

Read more from Lincolnshire Echo