The owner of an Indian restaurant branded a serious health risk by a judge has invited customers to take a look around his kitchens.
Health officials found that food at The Sarga, in Newark Road, North Hykeham, had been contaminated with mouse droppings during an inspection in October.
Food was also found to have been gnawed by rodents, as well as mould growing on chopping boards, dirty equipment, a blood-splashed freezer and even a chicken defrosting in a bucket.
Earlier this month, owner Abdul Samad pleaded guilty to 14 food hygiene offences and one health and safety offence at Lincoln Magistrates' Court and was fined £3,015.
But Mr Samad told the Echo that changes had now been made to The Sarga's food hygiene procedures and that customer's health was of "utmost importance".
He said: "If any customer or anyone from the general public wishes to see my kitchens at any time, I've no problem with that.
"The mouse infestation was in a shed outside the back of the restaurant. If we'd seen it before the health inspectors, we'd have sorted it out straight away, thrown out all the contaminated food and never used it.
"I'd never do anything to damage the business or my reputation, and the most important thing to me is my customers. I'd never to anything to put their health at risk. We've got extra hygiene measures in place now and everything is monitored very carefully. .
"I have a duty to my customers and I want them to know that we're an honest place and we're always going to be honest.
"I complied with everything the health inspectors asked me to do straight away. I'm sorry for it ever happening in the first place and will make sure it never happens again.
"People know us for our great food and our great service, and now we're just going to hold our heads up high and keep giving our customers that.
"I love Lincoln to bits. We've been here for ten years and I want us to be here for many more to come."