Login Register

Pub is inviting customers back after 999 drama

By Lincolnshire Echo  |  Posted: September 20, 2012

Comments (0)

Lunchtime customers who were evacuated when an electrical box short-circuited at a family pub will be invited back to continue their meals.

The drama unfolded at 2pm on Saturday, September 8, when wiring in an outside meter overheated and blew out all the Trent Port's electrical appliances.

Manager Chris Lodge took the decision to make a 999 call and evacuate the pub in Ramper Road, Gainsborough.

"The fire brigade were in attendance for approximately an hour and there was no damage other than to the meter," owners Crown Carveries said in a statement.

"Our team took the names and addresses of all customers present in order to invite them back in for a meal.

"All work was completed on Monday and the pub opened at 5pm for some meals and all drinks, trading as normal from Tuesday.

"Clearly, we take these matters seriously.

"We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience over the weekend and we'll be inviting those customers evacuated on Saturday back in for a meal."

Read more from Lincolnshire Echo

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES