A sofa which was deliberately set on fire caused severe damage to 80 per cent of the ground floor of a property on Winn Street, Lincoln.
Firefighters were called to the property at 9.29pm last night.
The fire resulted in severe damage to the sofa in the garden, damage to the window and smoke damage to the rest of the house.
There was a smoke alarm fitted, although it did not activate.
Four appliances attended, two from Lincoln North and two from Lincoln South.
The fire was extinguished using one jet hose reel and two breathing apparatus.
There were no casualties.