Login Register

Full Time: Gainsborough Trinity 3 Gloucester City 3

By DMarshall__LE  |  Posted: March 15, 2014

Jonathon Margetts hit two and won a penalty in Trinity's 3-3 draw

Comments (1)

Gainsborough Trinity will be grateful for some Margetts magic once again after the loan man scored twice and won a penalty in their 3-3 draw with Gloucester City.

Two first half strikes by the Hull City loanee saw Trinity heading in at half time at 2-2. But a goal two minutes after the break for the visitors appeared to have given them all three points.

However, 10 minutes from time, the 20-year-old won a penalty after tempting Matt Coupe into a clumsy challenge in the area. Simon Russell stepped up to earn his side a deserved Skrill North point.

The visitors were first to strike and it came in the seventh minute. A mix-up in the Trinity defence allowed a ball headed over the back four to fall to Charlie Griffin, who lofted a shot over Phil Barnes.

Related content

As the visitors threatened to take charge, Trinity hit back in the 13th minutes through Hull City loanee Jonathon Margetts who leapt highest to nod home a corner from Williams. The 20-year-old then brightened up Trinity fans even more with his second goal after 16 minutes.

A chip over the defence by Callum Howe put Margetts in with just the keeper to beat, and he kept his nerve to blast the ball into the corner and put his side into the lead.

Unfortunately for the Blues, their lead lasted just seven minutes as a slip by Howe allowed Connor Waldon in to head past Barnes.

Trinity’s day became worse after 29 minutes when make-shift centre half Dom Roma pulled up and had to be replaced by Adam Martin.

The second half brought a disastrous start for Steve Housham’s side. Just three minutes in Gloucester were in front again with Jordan Goddard firing the ball past Barnes from 10 yards, with Trinity looking fragile at the back.

Ten minutes later though and Trinity were looking for an equaliser, with Williams hitting a low drive which was saved by Green and Bateson’s follow-up went over the bar.

Housham made two changes to his side with Beabury coming on for Wootton and Winfarrah coming on for Davis.

Winfarrah’s first touch was a free-kick from the right which Margetts met with a header but it was off target.

Trinity’s pressure paid off after 80 minutes when Margetts was brought down by Matt Coupe and the referee pointed at the spot. Simon Russell stepped up to give his side a deserved equaliser.

Gainsborough Trinity: Barnes, Roma (Martin 29) Davie, Howe, Leary, Williams, Wootton (Bearbury 58), Russell, Davis (Winfarrah 61), Bateson, Martgetts; subs: Batty, Lacey,

Gloucester City: Green, M. Green, Jones, Coupe, Winters, Waldon (Parker 65), Hogg, Goddard, Mann, Griffin, Gosling (Hanks 75); subs: Giglio, Webb, Rose

Read more from Lincolnshire Echo

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters
  • NancyRGraybil  |  March 15 2014, 7:48PM

    my ­­­­­­neighbor's aunt make­­­­­­s 68US dolla­­­­­­rs /hr on the laptop . She h­­­­­­as been without wo­­­­­­rk for 7 months but l­­­­­­ast m­­­­­­onth her payment was 13998U­­­­­­S doll­­­­­­­­­­­­ars j­­­­­­ust working on the laptop for a few hou­­­­­­rs. More­­­­­­ Info ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ww­w.works­12.co­m