Login Register

Discussion

“The wind farm debate has gone on forever in SKEGNESS. But let me just say i think its the death of the town , i used to love to sit at night looking out to sea like some old romantic. But that has gone forever takeing my childhood with it , it looks like a martian attack with lights an strange images. 9 out of 10 hate them if truth is known none more than me, i remember an old tour guild saying take a moonlight stoll along the beach ??????? no thanks , there is no horizon anymore im sick as a parrot.”

By foxyboy Posted: December 13, 2012

25 comments

25 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • Fishooo  |  December 22 2012, 9:33AM

It seems to have taken your spelling as well ..............

• foxyboy  |  December 22 2012, 11:23AM

I am dyslexic my friend, an you are what is known has a TROLL

• foxyboy  |  December 22 2012, 11:35AM

Thinking on , as the troll jogged my memory, the wind turbines come down in 40 years time , an mabye the fish an view will return for the next generation. But skegness wont survive , ANDERBY CREEK will become the new natural look sea side destination because they had the sence to block the turbines. Pity we carnt fine aything rain powered then we would be on a winner.

• gsx1100  |  December 22 2012, 12:00PM

Oh dear Fishooo. Pot calling kettle syndrome? If you would like to check your post on the article on Britain's membership of the EU, it seems that you aren't above making mistakes either. .......so i'm not holding my breath. Surely you meant "I'm". Capital letter old fruit .......then one looses the really.. Then one loses the right to mock others.

• foxyboy  |  December 22 2012, 6:53PM

gsx1100 I asumed the said fisshooo was a sad person with insulting new member,s, i am used to people mocking dyslexia without first thinking about it. I can look at my post 50 times an miss spelling mistakes. But Fishoo can look in the mirror once an see a ********* .

• Fishooo  |  December 22 2012, 8:12PM

So (getting back to the subject ? ) what on earth is the problem with generating electricity from the wind ? I rather like wind turbines and we could do with lots more ........

• foxyboy  |  December 22 2012, 8:19PM

I asume the reply was blocked, i recieved an email saying fishooo had replied

• foxyboy  |  December 22 2012, 8:30PM

You could have half a dozen in your garden if you like, They are ugly is the first answer, people that dont have regular access to the sea love the idea of a sea view that is timeless, not an industrial dump . Of course i no that some like you dont mind them an are glad of the pennies they save your power bill , But think of us holiday makers that visit once a year an have to look at them, there is no wave pattern now for the swimmers to enjoy, that first ended when they took the wooded breakers out, a magnet for kids crabing an doing what kids love. Now we have a flat souless sand base no waves or breakers an a scrap yard in the sea.

• Fishooo  |  December 24 2012, 8:40PM

I think they are rather beautiful things and we really do need to find other ways of generating electricity and it's also rather windy in the North Sea so a perfect location

• foxyboy  |  December 24 2012, 9:16PM

If you honestly think they are beauiful fair play to you, I would sooner a nucular plant that produces a trillion more power an can be hidden out the way.

• Fishooo  |  December 24 2012, 9:31PM

Nuclear power plants "HIDDEN" ????? you mean like in the North of Scotland ? bring on the turbines , elegant, wonderful example of clean technology and beautiful

• gsx1100  |  December 24 2012, 10:34PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's a pity some of the beholders are blind.

• foxyboy  |  December 25 2012, 12:04PM

THERE is only 1 nucular power plant in scotland, there are hundreds of wind turbines at skegness an dont forget there base huts for matinance , seems something always going wrong. It only goes wrong once with nucular power an we seem quite good at getting it right. Have you seen a wind turbine when it blows up which they do regular .You dont just fix it its distroyed an if you were within half a mile of it you would be has well. The ones in the desert that power las Vagas are hid in a valley in the desert ,not upsetting anyone ony a couple of rattle snakes. Dont just argue for the sake of it, the ones on holiday that like them are those that are never out the pub an never venture on the beach anyway. Even your councilers say it will be the death of skegness, we holiday makers go for the sea view , skegness has nothing else we carnt get at home, now thats gone we will stay at home its that simple, you an your kind have ruined your own livelyhood for the sake of a few quid off you lectric bill, you have raped the sea of its beauty for a doomed project that will take years to repay shame on you.

• Fishooo  |  December 26 2012, 8:51AM

and a HO HO HO to you too Skegness hardly has a wonderful sea view you really seem to be suggesting that there has only ever been one thing "going wrong" with a nuclear power station ? ....... try reading a bit more here are some key words to try Three Mile Island Fukushima Windscale (oops that should be Sellafield , no hang on Leafy meadow ....... isn't it interesting how the names of things change when they go wrong !) http://tinyurl.com/4gp9xsq It;s not one or the other we need though but BOTH

• foxyboy  |  December 26 2012, 11:14AM

You say skegness hardly had a sea view let me define a sea view, a place to stand an see nothing but the horizon, a vast expance of water , Stand on skegness beach say near windthorpe when its dark with the moon shimmering off the sea , beautiful it used to be when i worked at the old miners camp , lots of the staff on our night off would sit on the beach someone with a guitar an sing with a beer or 2. Now it wasnt the wind turbines that drew us to the beach it was the sea view you say they never had. It must be really terrible not to see things of beauty in its natural state an i feel sorry for you i really do.

• Fishooo  |  December 26 2012, 11:49AM

That's your definition to me a "sea view" can include boats , birds and wind turbines ........

• foxyboy  |  December 26 2012, 12:38PM

Boats an birds thats ok with me , NATURAL thing,s that belong on the sea. Now you boreing me with saying anything that comes into your head to argue , just go back to pulling wings off fly.s , ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

• Fishooo  |  December 26 2012, 12:46PM

Boats aren't "Natural" ..............neither is Elvis

• foxyboy  |  December 27 2012, 8:33PM

fishooo i have had a brain wave to solve the problem, let the goverment put solar panels on everyone roof for free . The cost would be nothing compaired to wind turbines, i would think you could solar panel ENGLAND for the same price has 5 turbines . We sell back the unused energy an the lecy an gas board would super rich even more than now. BRILLIANT

• nigelsparky  |  January 07 2013, 10:13PM

"Wind farms" not exactley a wonder of any sort of technology Fishooo. The official figures state that they only work for 23.6% percent of the time, which means that for 76.4% of the time they generate nothing! They also use 9.6kw of electricity, depending on the type of turbine, 100% of the time, and a further 16kw of electricity to turn the head into the wind and to start rotating the blades.

• Lincoln_Fan  |  January 19 2013, 11:52AM

I think they look wonderful in the sea. Love them :)

• foxyboy  |  January 20 2013, 6:25PM

i explained why they dont, now you explain why they do ?????????????

• montsia  |  March 14 2013, 4:10PM

tu

• montsia  |  March 14 2013, 4:14PM

Wind Turbine 74 metres high. 700 metres from my bedroom. Ok in the north sea but not on my patch. Resident Thurlby.

• Listener  |  March 21 2013, 3:20PM

One good storm should sort them out. I remember the demise of Skegness pier, what a night that was! Flattened out of existence.

View all Comments

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!