A Lincolnshire firefighter has been left red-faced after getting his nozzles mixed-up at a Lincoln petrol station.
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue have confirmed that a fire engine was left out of action during the weekend after being filled with the wrong type of fuel.
The engine was recovered from the petrol station at Waitrose supermarket in the city.
Andy Whitfield, divisional commander for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue, said: "A member of our crew accidentally put the wrong fuel in the fire engine but realised their mistake straight away.
"We used a back-up fire appliance to provide cover while the fuel was drained.
"Thankfully, no damage had been caused and the fire engine's now back in operation again."